2014 Meath GAA Gaeltacht Scholarships Scheme – Information for Clubs
The following are the details of the 2014 Gaeltacht Scholarships Scheme being run by Coiste na Mí of Cumann Luthchleas Gael :-
Ten scholarships, worth €150 each, will be awarded. Applications must be submitted via the Secretary of a GAA Club, a Camogie Club, a Ladies Football Club or a Handball Club. The ten scholarships will be awarded to ten names drawn out at the May meeting of Coiste na Mí CLG on Monday 12th May.
Eligibility :- Those eligible to apply must meet each of the following three criteria :-
- Be a second level student
- Have booked for or intend to book for a residential Irish language course in either (i) Rath Cairn Gaeltacht or (ii) Coláiste na bhFiann, Warrenstown in the months of June, July or August 2014. Only those attending one or other of the aforementioned venues are eligible.
- Be a registered member of a GAA Club, a Camogie Club, a Ladies Football Club or a Handball Club in Co. Meath – a Registration / Membership number (which will be checked before a scholarship is awarded) must be submitted with the application. Applicants do not have to have already booked at the time of application but payment of the scholarship, if their name is drawn out, will only be made upon receipt by Coiste na Mí of proof of booking and full payment.
How to Apply :- Applicants must submit their application to the Secretary of their relevant club who will forward it to Meath Co. Committee of the GAA. Applications direct from individuals will not be entertained.
Applications Details required :-
- Name (in both Irish and English)
- Date of Birth
- Name of School being attended
- Name of relevant GAA, Camogie, Ladies Football or Handball Club,
- Registration / Membership Number of relevant GAA organisation
- Location, Date, Duration and Title of course being attended (or intended to attend) and
- Indication as to whether course has already been booked.
Closing Date for Applications :- All applications must be received by Meath Co. Committee of the GAA by Tuesday 6th May. Applicants need to get their application to the Secretary of their club about a week in advance of that so as to ensure that it will be submitted on time. Secretaries must add / verify Registration / Membership Number and ensure all required details are complete and correct.
Selection of those who will be allocated grants :- All applications will be vetted by Meath Co. Committee of the GAA. The ten scholarships will be awarded to the ten first names drawn out on 12th May from those applicants who meet all the eligibility criteria.
Forwarding of Applications to Meath Co. Commiteee of the GAA by Club Sedcretaries :- Club Secretaries (GAA, Camogie, Ladies Football or Handball) must check applications, ensure that a Registration / Membership Number is included and forward applications to Micheál Ó Gallachóir, Oifigeach na Gaeilge, Coiste na Mí CLG, Páirc Tailteann, Navan, Co. Meath so as to reach him not later than Tuesday 6th May.
Payment of Scholarship:- Payment of a scholarship will only be made by the Treasurer of Coiste na Mi upon submission to him of documentation, including receipts, proving that a course has been booked and fully paid for in one of the two qualifying colleges. Payment of the scholarship will be to the individual, not the relevant college. Successful applicants will be contacted in due course regarding the process of drawing down the sschoilarship.
Further Information :- Michael Gallagher Tel. 085 1650914 ( firstname.lastname@example.org )